Do you have a baby in the house? If you do then you can understand the struggle of having them take up all of your attention. Even the most minor aspects become a matter of major concern especially if your kid tends to vanish away in the blink of an eye! Homes with kids need to be careful when they talk about childproofing their homes. Professional electricians in Fort Worth, TX recommend that when you’re looking into childproofing your home, the first thing you need to consider is the electricity rapidly flowing through your home.
What does electricity have to do with this? Well, if your child comes in contact with any electrical outlet then it could result in electric shock. This can either be fatal or your child will end up sustaining major injuries instead. Have you baby proofed your house yet? If not then this is just the post for you! Here we’ll look at potential hazards that may pose threat to your child and how you can effectively counter it.
Child proofing done right
Expert electricians in Fort Worth, TX mention that the best way to make sure your baby is safe and healthy is by ensuring they are as far away from open end of electrical panels as possible. While it’s simply impossible for your home to work without electricity, you can take certain precautions to ensure safety. Here are a few tips that experts recommend you to look into:
Tip #1: Making sure your outlet is safe
Electrical outlets are one of the major reasons babies tend to face fatal problems around the house. This is usually because they are under the habit of putting their hands into anything that appeals to them. Being an open outlet further tempts them to poking their fingers into it and is thus results in electric shock. Most outlets are supposed to be tamper-resistant so if you’re ever getting your home renovated, make sure you opt for this kind of outlet.
A tamper-resistant outlet is one that allows current to flow only when both the plugs are put in. Either way, it’s best if you still choose to cover up the outlet with cheap and affordable covers. Professional electricians in Fort Worth, TX recommend that you opt for getting outlet covers as compared to any other type of proofing techniques since they are considered to be the most efficient.
Tip #2: Make sure your baby is away from cords
Electrical cords are considered as being the next most dangerous electrical item as compared to outlets. While electricians in Fort Worth, TX agree that electrical outlets pose the biggest threats to babies, most of them also agree that electrical cords can be just as dangerous, not just for children but for the whole house. Amongst the several problems it causes, the most common are:
- It can cause a threat to setting the house ablaze
- It can end up causing electrical shocks due to damage in the wiring
- It is usually unnoticeable thereby end up causing tripping accidents and body injuries
- Babies can find it intriguing and start chewing on it
This is usually why professional electricians in Fort Worth, TX suggest that you either place electrical cords in such a way that it is well hidden from sight or it is beyond the reach of children. Some precautions with electrical cords include:
- Avoid trailing these wires across the floor or near doorways since they can cause tripping accidents
- Avoid placing these wires underneath rugs since they often tend to overheat and thus start fires
- Extension cords must be avoided at all costs which means you should try getting more outlets rather than an extension cord
- Electrical devices which aren’t in use should be removed from the outlets so they don’t end up winding up the cords.
- Old and broken electrical wires should be removed at all this
If you keep a check on all these factors then you’ll be sure to see a significant change in your home. Remember, your child’s safety always comes first and electrical cords pose as the biggest threats.
Tip #3: Baby-proof your electrical appliances to keep your kids safe
Electrical appliances are the basic necessity of every household but they also pose as the biggest threats on your child’s life. According to expert electricians in Fort Worth, TX, electrical devices can be quite dangerous for your child, they can often cause electrocutions or even severe bodily damage by dropping on them. To make sure your children are safe, you can:
- Make sure your child’s toys are not items that need to be plugged to the wall
- Make sure your child is far away from any electrical item or they are placed at hard to reach places. Make sure their cords do not run down to where your child can tug on it.
- Make sure electrical appliances are far away from water
- Make sure all electrical appliances have a proper, tamper-free cover on them
Amongst these, professional electricians in Fort Worth, TX often get complains about children accidentally placing their hands into electrical devices which is why it’s important to keep your items unplugged at all times. By doing so, you’re not only keeping track of your electric bill but you’re also ensuring the safety of your child.
Finding the right service
Finding the right electricians in Fort Worth, TX is a task that is often challenging for people. However, your best resort is to contact Tioga Plumbing & Electric and have them address your residential electricity needs. Not only do they excel at baby proofing your home but these electricians in Fort Worth, TX can handle any electrical problem you may face. Apart from that, you can also contact them for help in your plumbing. Their team of experts can help you gain the best of the best electricians in Fort Worth, TX and plumbers that you would need for your home.