Top 9 Signs You Need Electrical Contractors | Arlington, TX
Photo By atakan at istock
If you have electrical problems you may not be sure if you should call electrical contractors or let the problem slide for now. If you’ve experienced any of these signs below in your home, it’s time to call in professional electrictricians today. You do not want to try and repair these things yourself as every year thousands of people across the United States get electrocuted and seriously harmed trying to do it yourself repairs. Here are the top signs you need to call Tioga Contractors today.
1. Flickering Lights
Flickering lights are much more than a mere annoyance. It could be a sign of a serious problem with your electrical system. While it may be easy to write off flickering lights as just a minor inconvenience, you should get your light fixtures checked to make sure you do not have an overloaded circuit or deteriorating wiring. Getting this issue checked today could prevent a more serious and expensive issue down the line. You could have old wiring to the new light fitting. Oftentimes this problem is due to your wiring not being up to code causing electricity to travel to outlets at various levels of speed. This could cause an outlet to not work at all. If you have experienced flickering lights it’s time to call electrical contractors today. Flickering lights could indicate a major problem with the internal electrical system of your home or business.
2. Your Circuits Are Tripping
If your home does not have enough electrical circuits to support all the fixtures and appliances in your home, your circuits could trip. The higher the electrical load is on your circuits, the more the power will trip. Basically, if you have too many outlets and appliances but not enough circuits to support them all, your system will overload. This is not just an annoyance, it can cause a fire. You can solve this problem by adding a secondary electrical panel or adding more circuits to your home. If you have this problem it’s time to call electrical contractors.
3. Hot Sockets
Your sockets should never be warm or hot to the touch. This is caused by wiring getting hot while you use electricity. If you also notice a burning smell this is a serious issue. It is also a fire hazard. Every year thousands of homes across the United States burn down to the ground, including in Arlington, TX thanks to overheated sockets and wiring. If your socket is warm or hot to the touch, quit using it right away and call in electrical contractors today.
4. You Can Hear Electrical Noises
You should never ever hear electrical noises in your home or business. Oftentimes these noises will be humming or buzzing noises from your sockets, fixtures, or behind walls. This is often the sign of serious electrical issues going on in your home or business. If this issue is let go of for too long without electrical contractors examing and repairing the issue, you could experience sputtering and sparking. You might even notice a foul burning smell. This is one issue you want to call electrical contractors for right away without delay.
5. Electric Shocks
You should never receive electric shocks when touching a switch or socket. If you are getting shocked your electricity is not contained within the system. When some of this electricity escapes the system, you can be shocked or burned. You also risk having a fire. You might be shocked while plugging in a device or when flipping a light switch. This is often misdiagnosed as static electricity but often is a serious problem with your electrical system. It is better off safe than sorry so if you’re experiencing electric shocks in your home or business, it’s time to call in electrical contractors today.
6. You Have Old Wiring
If your home is older than 10 years or if you have been living in your home for 25 years it is time to call electrical professionals today to check on your home’s wiring. This is especially true if you have never had your home checked by an electrician before. Old wiring is not safe and can cause electrical problems as well as being a fire risk. If your home was built before 1970 this is even more true, as many of these homes will have severely outdated electrical wiring. If you’re unsure of your home’s electrical wiring, it’s time to call in a professional electrictrician to perform a safety check of your entire electrical system.
7. Burning Smell
If you notice a burning smell it is time to shut off your homes or business’s power and call in electrical professionals. Burning smells can be a warning sign of an electrical fire and is nothing you want to mess with. You must deal with this issue right away.
8. Sparking Fixture / Electrical Breaker
A sparking fixture or electrical breaker is a sure sign that you need electrical contractors. These sparks can cause a major electrical fire for one thing. If you observe any outlet in your home or business sparking, turn off the circuit leading to that outlet just to be safe and call in the professionals.
9. Two-Prong Outlets
Some people take the easy route here and pile on extension cords and extenders. This can lead to fires. Only older homes are loaded with two-prong outlets. Two prong outlets aren’t safe to use with 3 prong plugs even with the use of extenders. The same goes for using extension cords. Luckily the fix for this is rather easy with trusted electrical contractors. We find many homes with these types of outlets, which are easily replaceable.
If you have any of the above signs call in the professionals from Tioga Contractors today. We serve all of Arlington, TX, and the surrounding area. Remember electricity is nothing to mess with or to ignore so call in the professionals today for peace of mind.