We all use the water heater as a basic necessity in our homes. Though, this is the most basic and yet the most neglected appliance in our home. Do you know that a water heater constitutes to almost 25% of your household energy bill?
This fact surely emphasizes on a great deal of work done by a water heater. Usually, a water heater lasts for around 8 to 12 years. This signifies that the installation of a water heater is a task that happens in years and is not a frequent project. Similarly, it also emphasizes on a fact that with such great advancement in the methodology of installation, repair, equipment and the up gradation in the appliances industry, there is no valid reason for us to handle the job on our own (as a DIY project). However, we must hire the professional services of a professional plumber in Fort Worth, TX.
While a newly installed water heater is not much problematic in terms of repair or inefficiency, the parts or the elements of the water heater are now easily available in the market and at reasonable prices. But, this should not be taken as an excuse for not hiring a plumber in Fort Worth, TX. A person who is aware of the technicalities of home appliances must know that a wise decision is always to hire the experience of an expert plumber in Fort Worth, TX.
Following that, have you ever experienced interrupted electric power or a wrong voltage issue? These are just two of the issues that a person faces when it comes to installing a water heater. However, in order to avoid these issues, you must hand over the newly bought water heater in the hands of a professional plumber in Fort Worth, TX so that it can be handled the way it deserves. And this would definitely make yours and your water heater’s life much more comfortable.
The installation of a water heater by a professional plumber in Fort Worth, TX
Here the steps that an experienced plumber follows and which makes us free from the headache of frequent repair and maintenance. Furthermore, this signifies the importance of having the right tools and equipment to carry out the installation task. Not to mention, only a professional plumber in Fort Worth, TX is equipped with these right tools.
Unpack the water heater and check the home connections
For a perfect start and the installation, the professional plumber in Fort Worth, TX ensures to follow these smart steps.
- Always check the water supply, vent positioning, and gas supply for their functionality before you unpack a water heater
- Ensure that all the required tools are available. This may include a drill or nut driver, pencil, measure tape, pipe joint compound, screws, utility knife, small bucket and a spray bottle
- By following the given line on the box, unpack the water heater with the use of a knife. Also, make sure that the wires and control unit is not damaged and for this always use a dolly for the water heater and position it accurately.
- Now measure the both of the earthquake straps. One at the top and under the T&P valve and another at the bottom, at the top of the pilot control.
It is important to make strong connections in order to avoid the leak
The most common problem that people usually face is that once the installation is completed, either they there is a gas leak or water leak issue. And this is because they fail to make the strong connections during the installation process. Hence;
- Avoid soldering connections by connecting the water supply by the use of flexible copper supplies. Keep the shut-off valve closed and avoid spilling of water on the water heater surface by placing a bucket below. Also, ensure tight connections to avoid the leak.
- Now place the vent hood in the correct positioning and press it. With this, you will be able to hear a clicking sound indicating the correct installation of it
- Now put the vent pipe inside and if you choose to use an old pipe then make sure it is free from any holes or the cracks. To make them look good, attach the elbow and keep them in line.
- Now connect the supply (gas) by keeping the valve closed. Also, with the use of the joint compound, joint the flex connector with the control unit and avoid putting way too much pressure on the unit while to place it.
It’s time to check the result by filling the water heater tank with water
Now, it’s time for you to double check the connections and fill up the water heater tank. In order to get the perfect result, the plumber in Fort Worth, TX suggests that there are few things that you should consider.
- Once the tank is filled up, check for the leaks
- Attach the earthquake straps after filling up the tank as the water heater is quite light in weight when it’s empty.
- Attach the pipe with T&P valve to remove the excess water and keep the pipe 6” off the floor
- Always turn the gas on by keeping the dialer set for pilot lightening
- Double check for the gas leak by spraying soapy water on all the connections. Whenever, there is a leak it is indicated by the bubbles coming at the surface, however, if you notice any such issue then simply turn the gas off and fix the issue of these weak connections at first.
By following these smart tips and steps of water heater installation by a professional plumber in Fort Worth, TX, you may easily get over with the installation job in just half an hour. Also, this would give you a relief in terms of reduced need of frequent repair and maintenance.
What should be done now?
If you too do not possess the expertise to carry out the installation by yourself then do not hesitate in hiring in the expertise of Tioga Plumbing & Electric as their experienced team of professionals plumbers in Fort Worth, TX is well-versed to handle the most uncommon plumbing issue in the best manner.