Plumbing Issues That Require A Call To A Licensed Plumber | Grapevine, TX
Plumbing issues often arise at the most inconvenient times, making life in your home problematic. You expect clean water to come from the taps and fixtures and to drain quickly. If something goes wrong with your plumbing system, a DIY repair isn’t recommended. Your plumbing system is complex, and licensed plumbers undergo years of training and apprenticeship to learn their craft. If you don’t have any plumbing training, it’s best to hire a professional.
If your plumbing system experiences any of the following issues, hiring a licensed plumber in Grapevine, TX, is best.
Age, corrosion, and loose or broken joints can cause your pipes to leak, resulting in water damage and mold growth. Leaks can occur in any part of the plumbing system, and some are easier to detect than others. For example, leaks under the sink and behind a wall are easy to detect because you’ll see standing water under the sink or water spots on the walls. Leaks under the house can be more challenging to detect, but there will be signs, including:
- Warm basement floor
- Puddles in the yard when it hasn’t rained
- Foundation damage
A leaking pipe can show no visible signs, but it will cause an increase in your water bills.
A licensed professional can fix the leak quickly to prevent further damage and mold growth. If they have trouble finding the leak, they can use leak detection equipment to find the source and make the necessary repair.
#2 Drain Issues
The water should flow quickly down the drain when you run the water. A few drain problems can affect how the water drains, and it’s best to hire a plumber in Grapevine, TX, if you experience any of the following drain issues.
- Slow drains: Water flowing slowly down the drain indicates a minor clog. Many people will try a liquid drain cleaner to remove small clogs, but these products contain harsh chemicals that can damage the pipes. Also, you can’t be sure if the drain cleaner removed the entire clog. If part of the clog remains, it will be a matter of time before the water drains slowly again. Hiring a licensed professional is a long-term solution to the problem because they’ll ensure the entire clog is removed.
- Clogged drains: A significant clog will prevent the water from draining resulting in standing water. You won’t be able to use the sink or tub until the clog is removed, which can be a major inconvenience. Also, standing water will promote bacterial growth, putting your family’s health at risk. Fortunately, a licensed professional can resolve the problem. They’ll use a drain snake, hydro jetting, or air jetting to remove the entire clog, restoring water flow down the drain.
- Noisy drains: Does a drain in your house make a gurgling sound when the water drains? If so, there’s likely a significant clog, and you should hire a plumber in Grapevine, TX. This may not seem like a problem since the water still drains, but ignoring the problem will result in a complete clog.
The clog will prevent the water from getting past the clog and will change directions to find a way down the drain. The change in direction creates an air pocket, causing the gurgling sound. A licensed professional can remove the entire clog, quieting the drain and preventing the drain from clogging completely.
- Multiple slow or clogged drains: If more than one drain isn’t working correctly, it’s unlikely they clogged simultaneously, and multiple drain clogs often indicate a clog in the sewer line. This issue must be resolved quickly to prevent water and sewage from backing up, causing a nasty, smelly, and dangerous flood in your home.
A licensed professional can remove the clog from the line, allowing the water to flow freely down the drain while eliminating the risk of a backup.
#3 Clogged Toilet
Toilet clogs aren’t uncommon and often occur when too much water and waste are flushed. Clogs also happen if something is flushed that shouldn’t have been, such as paper towels, baby wipes, or a child’s toy. A clogged toilet usually isn’t a cause for concern because a plunger will break up the clog, allowing you to flush the toilet without overflowing. If the clog is too large, solid, or located too far down the drainpipe, the plunger won’t be effective, and you’ll need to hire a plumber. It’s best to make the call immediately because you can’t use the toilet until the clog is removed. This can be inconvenient, especially if you only have one bathroom.
A licensed professional will use a drain auger to break up the clog enough that it can be flushed. If they can’t reach the clog with the auger, they can remove the toilet for easier access.
Call Tioga Contractors Today
If you have a problem requiring a licensed plumber’s help, look no further than Tioga Contractors. We’re a full-service plumbing, electric, and subcontracting company, serving customers in the area since 1953.
Our plumbers are professionally trained and licensed and have the knowledge and skill necessary to handle all plumbing jobs. When our techs arrive at your home, they’ll be in a fully stocked truck with most parts and equipment required to make same-day repairs. There will be no need for a second service call, making your life more convenient, and you’ll save money.
We want our customers to feel safe when they allow our plumbers into their homes, so they must pass a background check and drug test before they’re hired.
The tech will give you a quote to ensure the repair cost fits your budget before they start working.
Some plumbing issues must be addressed immediately, so we provide emergency service 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. When you call for emergency service, we’ll get a plumber to your home as quickly as possible to resolve the problem.
We’re members of the Plumbing Heating Cooling Contractors Association, with an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and a 5-star rating on Google.
To schedule an appointment for plumbing or electrical service, give us a call or book online at https://tiogacontractors.com/schedule-an-appointment/.
Photo By New Africa at Shuttterstock