The Dangerous Side Of Being An Electrician | Euless, TX

The Dangerous Side Of Being An Electrician | Euless, TX

Electricians do not have the easiest jobs and with their job, there are some safety hazards that electricians have to face on a daily basis. The severity of these safety hazards varies from mild inconvenience to serious health concerns. Electricians have been trained to follow safety protocols in order to reduce the risk of injury. They also know which procedures to follow if something does go amiss. Tioga Plumbing & Electric in Euless, TX implores the public to hire a professional rather than attempting to conduct electrical repairs themselves. Here are some of the dangers that electricians face so that you do not have to.

Mild Injuries

The wires in one home are hidden away to make your home look tidier. Some of these wires are in hard-to-reach places or small confined areas. It takes a while for electricians to fix wires in your home. They have to remain in comfortable positions while making sure that your electrical system is working perfectly. If they stay in those positions for too long then their muscles will suffer. It is difficult for anyone who is in pain to concentrate on the work they have to do. If you are attempting to do your own electrical work and you get a cramp in one of your limbs, you might make a fatal mistake. It is best to leave electrical work to the professionals as they will know how to position themselves correctly in order to decrease muscle fatigue. This is not a life-threatening hazard but it can be inconvenient to deal with after a long day of repairing and replacing wires.

Being Shocked

It is impossible to avoid being shocked by electrical wires especially when you work with them every day. Not all shocks have the same intensity. Some give you a quick and slightly painful zap while others can be life-threatening. There are many different things that can cause an electric shock such as poorly insulated wires or electrical components that are not working correctly. Electricians have the knowledge and equipment to help decrease the risk of getting shocked. Professionals know what to look for when they suspect that the wires might still contain electricity. They also wear safety gear like rubber gloves and boots which allow the electric current to pass through without causing them harm. Tioga Plumbing & Electric in Euless, TX recommend letting a professional work on your electric system as this will prevent you from getting shocked. Being shocked is an unpleasant sensation because it can cause confusion, labored breathing, and burns. On the more severe side, electrical shocks can cause cardiac arrest and interruptions in the rhythm of the heart. Electrical service providers have insurance to make sure that their worker’s medical expenses are covered in the event that they get injured on site.

Falling from High Places

If you have a one-story or two-story house then your electrical system reaches all the high places in your house. In many homes, the wires run through the ceiling in order to reach other parts of your home. These wires can be difficult to access and some are in high-up places which can present a risk of falling. Some electricians have to climb onto your roof in order to install outdoor lights or to make sure that the wiring is in working order. They have to be careful not to fall off the roof and injury themselves. If the area where the wires are, is too high up then the professionals will use a harness to protect them from hitting the ground with force. If you attempt to fix your electrical system especially at points where the wires are far from the ground then you are risking your life. It is very important to leave the high places and electrical wires to professionals who have the correct equipment and have been trained to follow certain procedures in the event that an accident happened. They will be able to decrease the amount of damage they do to your home as well as themselves.


What is the difference between an electrical shock and electrocution? Electrocution is a severe type of electrical shock because a high voltage of the electrical current flows through your body and this causes death. Among electricians, electrocution is not that common because they are trained to follow protocols and wear safety equipment that minimizes the impact of an electrical shock. The risk of electrocution is especially prevalent when a homeowner decided to take their home’s electrical system into their own hands. Homeowners usually do not have the correct safety gear to conduct electric repairs safely. Homeowners tend to lack the knowledge about how to avoid electrocution and it is easy to be electrocuted if you are unsure of what you are doing. It is always best to hire a professional because it will remove the risk of electrocution completely. Even if you save a few dollars by doing electrical repairs yourself, you could potentially be putting your life at risk.

It is easy to see after reading about the safety hazards that one can face during electrical repairs that it is best to hire a professional to work on your electrical system at home. Tioga Plumbing & Electric have made sure that their workers have received adequate safety training to decrease any potential risk of injury or death. The electricians are also experienced and qualified in dealing with all different kinds of electrical repairs and installations. Do not risk your life or safety to save a few dollars. Allow professionals to do all the hard work for you while you wait comfortably.

Contact Tioga Plumbing & Electric in Euless, TX today and schedule an appointment.

Photo By BreakingTheWalls at istock