One of the biggest questions that Euless, TX homeowners can face is when their home’s water line starts becoming a constant source of needless headaches. From leaks to clogs, to a myriad of other possible problems, residential water lines that do not follow a regular maintenance schedule, can one day become the proverbial pain in the neck, leading to you asking whether you should opt for water line repair or just go straight to a full replacement.
But before we get into the reasons for choosing water line repair or replacement, let’s take a look at some things you need to know about a possible issue brewing in your Euless, TX home’s pipes that could lead you to look for a good water line repair company. Let’s get started.
Do You Have a Problem? Signs You Should Look Out For
Problems in your home’s water line are not always as obvious as a clogged sink, for instance. On many occasions, you might find out by accident or when you have other work done on your home. But the need for water line repair almost always provides subtle signs that something could be happening deep inside your pipes. Let’s take a look at some of them.
- Your home’s water pressure drops suddenly and unexpectedly – Imagine the following scenario: you are late for work and rush into the bathroom to take a quick shower before you go. You turn it on and for a few seconds the water comes out at a good pressure, and then it slows down to a drip. What could have happened? You get out of the shower and go investigate, and it turns out your spouse turned on the tap in the kitchen sink and that’s when the pressure dropped. That should not be happening, right? If it does, it might be time for you to look into water line repair because you may be facing an underground leak.
- Your water looks dirty – Sometimes the water coming out of your fixtures may look hazy or cloudy, and this is quite normal. As soon as you let it run for a few seconds, it will settle down and look clear again. But, if your water comes out looking dirty or rusty, you might be looking at a problem in your water line and should start thinking about water line repair, or replacement, depending on the details of the issue.
- Moldy areas have suddenly started appearing in your home – Another surefire sign of trouble in your pipes is the appearance of moldy areas within your home. In some cases you might start smelling humidity or finding bugs that are normally related to stagnant water flying around your living room. All of these cases point to problems with your home’s water line, so call a professional water line repair service as soon as you can.
- There are strange sounds or smells coming from your pipes or drains – When you catch a persistent sewage odor coming from your drains, or your home’s pipes make strange gurgling or hissing noises, it could be a sign that your home’s water line may be in trouble and you are going to need a reputable plumbing company to take a look at it before it gets worse.
- Your water bill is getting higher but you aren’t using any more water than usual – An inexplicable increase in your utility bill is one of the most obvious signs of trouble in your home’s water line. If you aren’t using any more water than you normally do, but start noticing a steady increase in your bill, you should call an experienced professional right away to see what could be going on.
There are many other signs that could be warning you of a problem with your home’s water line. So, when in doubt, the best thing to do is get a professional assessment that will help you decide what your next step should be. Ignoring the problem or trying to repair it yourself can only bring about bigger problems that are much more expensive to repair.
Choosing What to Do
Now that you know something is going on with your home’s water line, the time has come to figure out whether you should choose repair or replacement. Unfortunately, there is no one-size-fits-all answer, so your best bet is to talk to your plumber to see what their recommendation may be. Even so, there are a few things you should factor into your decision-making process, including the materials used in your water line pipes, the age of your system, whether you have had to repair your water line prior to this occasion, and how much more money you will have to invest in replacing your water line as opposed to simply performing the necessary repairs.
If your water line is old, the material of the pipes is worn or corroded, and you have already repaired it before, you might want to choose its replacement, which, in turn, will save you money on future water line repair needs, but, if this is the first time you have an issue and your pipes are made out of durable materials, choosing to repair it might be the best option for you. Regardless of which option you choose, you should always make sure you put the job in the hands of a reputable, and experienced professional, who will provide high-quality labor and parts, so you can rest easy knowing you won’t have any more troubles for a very long time.
When you need your water line repair service for your Euless, TX home, the best company for the job is Tioga Contractors. With many years of experience under our belt, we are always happy to help you find the best solution for all your plumbing needs. So, don’t wait until the problem with your water line gets out of hand, and give us a call today! You can be sure we will have your plumbing running as it should in no time at all.
Photo By Christa Boaz at istock